Do chualas féin iad so go léir - Tomás Ó Gormáin).(Rugadh i gCnoc na gCeathramhan mé) Sraith.
- there was great achrann there; 'twasn't long till th'achrann started. Heard very often at card playing.Achrannach
-he's very achrannach; he's an achrannach "divil".
- he has th'ádh; th'ádh is with him.
Mí-Ádh 'rt.Droch-rath ort.
- he has the aghaidh-fidil on him.aindeiseoir
- the poor aindeiseoir.allta
- ye're like the madraí allta (said to children who would be very hungry and who would not be inclined to wait for the food, e.g. after coming in from school).alp
- he alp'ed it up; alp it up now.alt-ar- chroidheamadán
- ('madán, a deirtear) - he's a 'madán.Ambasa
-'mbasa féin it wasn't.anonn's anall
- he's only going anonn's anall - he's not working in earnest.ara
- (pron. yarrah) - "yarrah what are you saying?arc luachraascall
- he had it under his ascall; also, under his "axter".
(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)