Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. It's a long lane that has no turning.
2. Hunger is a good sauce.
3. Time and tide wait for no man.
4. A wise son makes a glad father.
5. Debt is the worst kind of poverty.
6. A good servant makes a good master.
7. A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
8. Diet cures more than the doctor.
9. Make the best of a bad bargain.
10. A little spark might cause a great fire.
11. Some are very busy and yet do nothing.
12. The shortest answer is doing the thing.
13. After sweet meat comes sour sauce.
14. Borrowed garments never fit well.
15. A Rogue's throat smells of hemp.
16. Beware of a silent dog and still water.
17. Though the cat winks she is not blind.
18. A fault once denied is twice committed.
19. Work is better than talk.
20. Two heads are better than one.
21. A full purse makes a light heart.
22. Good goods are put in small parcels.
23. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
24. Fair words butter no parsnips.
25. Dont judge your neighbour as yourself.
26. Carefulness cuts the head of bad luck.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.