Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)the next time.
Three times round goes the gally gally ship:
The way this game is played: The players of the game form a ring, and walk round, and repeat the rhyme:
"Three times round goes the gally gally ship
And three times round goes she.
And three times round goes the gally gally ship
And sinks to the bottom of the sea.
And who ever's down last, gets into the middle of the ring, and repeats the rhyme:Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- 1. Which is the longest word in the English language
Smiles (because there is a mile between the two S)
2. What is black and white and red all over?
3. As round as an apple as flat as a pan on one side a woman the other a man.
An English penny.
4. What is all patches and no stitches
A slated roof.
5. What goes round a field and round a field and never goes into it? The ditch.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.