1. Far-away hills are green
2. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear
3. Bad news travels fast
4. Think twice before you talk
5. A stitch in time saves nine
6. A burnt child dreads the fire
7. One leap in the fire never scalded a cat.
8. Little said is easily mended.
9. All is not lost that is in danger.
10. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
11. One swallow never made a Summer.
12. Look before you leap.
13. A friend in need is a friend indeed
14. None so blind as he who won't see.
15. Don't spur a free horse.
16. When you can't change the wind you must change the mill.
17. When your neighbour's house is on fire take care of your own.
18. Fools build houses for wise men to live in
19. Fools make feasts and wise men eat them
20. Hunger is the best sauce.
21. The longest way round is the nearest way home
22. 'Tis a long road that has no turn
23. A watched pot never boils.
24. One sack one sample.
25. One man can lead the horse to the drink but twenty can't make him drink