People believe that it is unlucky to begin work on certain days. There are many old sayings to show this "Saturday's flitting is a short sitting".
2. Some people say it is unlucky to dig a grave on Tuesdays.
3. It is unlucky to throw out ashes on a May day.
4. It is said if you wash your face with the dew on a May morning you would not be sunburned the whole year around.
5. If you abstain from meat on a St. Stephen's Day you would never take the fever.
6. It is unlucky to start anything on a Saturday or to wear anything new on that day.
7. If it rains on the 26th July it
(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)