1. It is an old belief that when the cat washes her face the person she looks at will be the first to die in the house.
2. Some people say it is unlucky to kill either a spider or a hedge-hog.
3. If the Cuckoo sings on a bare thorn
You can sell your cattle and buy corn.
4. An old belie is that if a person goes swimming on Whit Sunday he will be drowned.
5. If it rains on St Swithen's Day it will rain for forty days after.
6. If the kettle makes a noise like a frog, when it is on the fire boiling you are going to have a visitor. Old people say "There is a frog in the kettle someone is coming."
7. When you are making the tea if you forgot to put the lid