Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- Old Irish Riddles. 8.10.37.The following are a list of old Irish Riddles which I have heard from my Grandmother and other people.
1) What is it that has eyes and cannot see? Answer; a potato.
2) What is it that is full and can hold more? Answer; a pot of potatoes.
3) I know a person with five letters in his surname and I will say you are a good scholar if you can spell it in two letters? Answer; K C.
4) What is it that is full of holes and can hold water? Answer; a sponge.
5) As I went out on yonder gap I saw a great wonder, four and twenty blackbirds tearing the ground asunder? Answer: a harrow.
6) What is it that has sixteen legs and cannot walk? Answer eight pairs of trousers.
7) Long legs, short thighs, little head and no eyes? Answer; a thongs.
8) As I went out on yonder gap I met a little boy with a bundle of sticks and no one could count them, only God? Answer; the hair(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.