Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Rochfortbridge (Convent of Mercy)
- XML Leathanach 564
- XML “Clothes Made Locally”
- XML “Food In Olden Times”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- (ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)well as men long ago.
The implements a tailor used were linen, wool, needle, goose and lap-board. All shirts were made in the home but there is no account of those that were made from flax grown locally but there is some table-cloths, towels and quilts still to be found.
Black clothes were usually worn in morning in order to respect the dead. There is an old saying about dress for marriage.
Married in blue you will always be true
Married in brown you will live out of town
Married in white you have chosen bright
Married in red you will wish yourself dead
Married in black you will wish yourself back
Married in grey you will rue the day
Married in green ashamed to be seen.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Three meals were the usual(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Mary Fagan