12. It is a sign of coming rain for people to have extra twinges of rheumatism, or for their corns or be specially painful.
13. Leave a piece of seaweed hanging up in the open air; if when you squeeze one of the "blisters" it bursts with a pop and is found to be quite dry inside then the weather is going to be fine; if it is damp and sticky inside there will be wet weather.
14. It is a sign of a good summer to see birds build early.
15. When haws are plentiful in autumn there will be a hard winter.
16. "Rain before seven, fine before eleven".
17.When the fire burns extra bright and clear there will be frost.
18. The East wind generally brings a cold dry spell; if there is rain with an East wind it will be wet for several days at least.
19. A summer morning mist means a hot day later.
20. When it is going to rain some flowers of the large daisy variety instead of closing up their petals open them out so wide that they hang limply downwards.