Scoil: Kentstown (uimhir rolla 1599)

Suíomh:
Baile an Cheantaigh, Co. na Mí
Múinteoir:
Pádraig Ó Lúasaigh

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
Kentstown | Bailiúchán na Scol

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0684, Leathanach 473

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

(ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)

The ruins of the old church in Follistown are to be found in an old disused grave-yard in Follistown

There is another old church ruin in Browstown, yet another in Monktown, while there is a fourth in Staffordstown. There are great, big, iron gates at the entrance to each of these old church-yards.
A story has been told about the ruined church at Staffordstown. Mrs. Butler of Straffordstown, Ho. was having a garden party. She ordered one of her men servants to take some of the stones from the old church and to build he a rockery with them. When the rockery was complete she invited her many friends to the party, but it rained so heavily that nobody could attend. Several other days were appointed on which to hold the party, yet it never ceased raining. One of the men working in Straffordstown told Mrs. Butler to leave back the stones.

(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)
Bailitheoir
Kathleen Tully
Inscne
baineann
Seoladh
Réaltóg, Co. na Mí
Teanga
Béarla