Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- BRIOSLÁ (Brisla)The break of day. So called because the people of the locality were very early risers
TULACH CHRUINNTulach Crion. Tulach Chrainn = Tullycrine1) the round hill
2) the withered hill
3) the hill of the treesnot known which is correct. Could be Tulach Achrainn or the Hill of the Fighting as dwellers were given to quarrelling and argueing.
CNOC-na-h-UANCnoch na h-ABHANN = Knocknahuane1) the hill of the lambs. So called because it was a great place for feeding lambs.
2) Cnoch na h-Abhann = The Hill of the river. A river divides Knocknahuane from Lower Tullycrine.
3) Cnoch nah-Uaimhe = Cave Hill. An underground channel or cave is supposed to be running from Thomas Downes' to Pat Gorman's in Knocknahuane.
CNOCH-OIDHRE = Knockerra1) Frosty Hill
2) The Hill of Erra
1) supposed to have been covered with ice at one time, for a far longer period than the surrounding districts.
2) A Giant named Erra is supposed to have(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- A. Brennan
- A. Reidy