Signs of storm.
1. The sky wears a copper colour.
2. The crow gathers sticks to mend her nest.
3. Swans come to the marshes & stay there for a few days.
4. Rarely a cormorant is seen around the district.
5. The sea gulls with the black heads come into the land.
1. The wind from the north blows hard.
2. Birds grow tame and come in about the houses.
3. The green plover cry a lot & appear in large flocks.
4. Snow appears on the Galtees.
5. The sky gets a red colour.
6. A plentiful supply of berries in Autumn is said to be a sign of heavy snow storms in Winter. The winds
1. The North Wind brings snow or very cold weather.
2. Hard dry weather is brought by the East Wind.
3. The South Wind brings heat & fine weather.
4. The South West Wind brings a lot of rain.
5. The West Wind brings rain also and brings storms.