Scoil: Emly (B.) (uimhir rolla 16059)

Suíomh:
Imleach, Co. Thiobraid Árann
Múinteoir:
Tomás Ó Lachtnáin

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
The Graveyards in Emly Parish

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0580, Leathanach 018

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

There is a large graveyard in Emly. It is a very ancient one and is still in use. It is there since the first church was built here. St. Ailbe is buried in it. The people say that there are sixty four bishops buried in it. There is a blessed well there. There is a big wall all round the graveyard. It was built in the year 1641 A.D. A great many people come from far away to be buried there.
The fair green near the village was a graveyard one time. A lot of people say it was.
There were bones and skulls and skeletons found in it a few years ago.
In Chacollorsland there was a large graveyard. The passage is seen there yet. It is not in use now.
There was a graveyard on the hill of Knockcarron. Where the graveyard was the grass has a different colour from the other grass. There was a cairn on the hill where the graveyard was. All the chiefs that were killed in the battle of Monmore in 713 A.D. are buried in it.

Bailitheoir
David Mc Eniry
Inscne
fireann
Seoladh
Clais Dhrom Mhic Gabhann, Co. Thiobraid Árann
Faisnéiseoir
Tim Mc Eniry
Inscne
fireann
Seoladh
Clais Dhrom Mhic Gabhann, Co. Thiobraid Árann
Teanga
Béarla
Suíomh
Imleach