Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- The Camp Road.
About a mile to the south of Ardfinnan there is a district called Neddans. It is beside the River Suir and there is a ford here crossing the river. Neddans was once a parish but is not now. The remains of the old parish church can still be seen. In Neddans there is a very large field close to the river and known locally as the Camp Field. The road leading from Ardfinnan to Neddans is called the Camp Road. In the year 1779 a large English army was camped in this field at Neddans for a lengthy period and this is the explanation of the names given to the field and the road. The following regiments were in camp here at the time:-
19th, 30th, 32nd, 36th, 66th and 67th, Regiments of Foot and 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 13th, 14th, and 18th Regiments of Dragoons.(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Nellie Ryan