1. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
2. When the old cock crows the young cock learns.
3. Far away cows wear long horns
4. Spare the stick and spoil the child
5. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
6. Never put back till to-morrow what you can do to-day.
7. You can't break an old dog of his trot.
8. You would lose your tail, only for it is tied to you.
9. An old dog for the hard road and the pup for the path.
10. It is a bad wind that doesn't blow good for someone.
11. As long as the fox runs he is caught at last
12. Never put a thing on the long finger.
13. A burnt child dreads the fire.
14. You'll never miss the water until the well goes dry.
15. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
16. The early bird catches the worm.