There are a few old Irish proverbs used in this locality:-
1. A wise man changes his minds but a fool never does.
2. Little by little does the trick
3. Learning and manners are charming companions.
4. There is no use in climbing high ditches when you walk on the level road.
5. Do not trust flatterer's.
6. Tis often a mouse went under a stack.
7. A word in the court is better than a pound in purse.
8. Nature breaks out through the eyes of a cat.
9. As silky as the back of a fiddle.
10. Make hay while the sun shines.
11. Never put off till to-morrow that which you can do to day.
- Hugh Hogan