Scoil: Glin (C.) (uimhir rolla 3232)

Suíomh:
An Gleann, Co. Luimnigh
Múinteoir:
Bean Mhic Cárthaigh

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
The Glin Castle

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0480, Leathanach 351

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

The Glin Castle.

The only ruined castle now to be seen is the one belonging to the Knights before it was knocked by Carew in 1600.
It originally had three circular ridges with a dyke of water between each.
No trace of these are now to be seen. A bridge has been erected at the northern side, and the water now has a clear course to the river Shannon.
The old ruin itself is uninteresting on the outside. The old stairs leading to the top is still there, but disused, for the bottom part has fallen away and this makes it more difficult to mount.
Near this old castle and the filed and road adjoining it the figure of a woman, wearing a shawl is frequently seen about 12 and 1 o'clock at night.
She has never been spoken to, even by the courageous few who followed her, for she disappears quickly.

Teanga
Béarla