Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Scoil na mBráthar, Mainistir na Corann
- XML Leathanach 160
- XML “A Story of the Barryscourt Castle”
- XML (gan teideal)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- (ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)found the skeleton of the Boy they knew then that the place would not be haunted anymore.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Mrs A. Tiernan Aged 80 Sean TiernanSituated at the Western end of the Curragh Camp in the County Kildare is an old rath called "Gibbet Rath”. It received its name from a great massacre held there years ago.
The English invited the people of the neighbouring places to go to a meeting which was being held at the rath in order to make terms of peace and to lay down their arms. All the Irish people suspecting no danger came there. When they were all inside the rath and had laid down their arms the English soldiers turned on them and killed most of them on the spot. The people who escaped turned towards the north but they were followed by their English opponents and at a valley about half a mile from the rath about three hundred more were killed, and that valley has been since called by the people of the locality “The Murdering Hollow”.At the time of the Anglo Irish war 1819 the name Gibbeth rath camp was painted over one of the camps which was kept for Internment but when the English officers heard of how the rath got its name the word “Gibbet” was painted over and it was called “Rath Camp”.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Sean Tiernan
- Mrs A. Tiernan