January 25th 1938
Major Alexander was the local landlord of this district situated in the Townland of Clogrennan in the Parish of Old Leighlin and in the Barony of Idrone. The family has been settled in in the district over one hundred years. They were looked upon as being good landlords.
No evictions or plantings have been carried out in the district.
Major Alexander first came into possession of the land through the hands of the English and he is still owner of fourteen hundred acres having sold the rest of the estate to the Land Commission. The land was not divided into farms under the landlord's guidance.
Farms were not sub-divided among members of families on marriages. The landlord did not exercise any special power over his tenants
In some places tithes were collected in the district in former times.
They were collected money.
Scoil: Ardough, Carlow (uimhir rolla 9137)
Scag na scéalta
Ar an leathanach seo