Scoil: Clonin, Mountrath (uimhir rolla 15932)

Suíomh:
An Cluainín, Co. Laoise
Múinteoir:
Bean Uí Bhraoin

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
Clonin, Mountrath | Bailiúchán na Scol

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0825, Leathanach 400

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

(ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)

Catholic church but was converted into a burial-vault in the 18th century by the Sharpes of Roundwood and the Floods of Middlemount. A high stone wall surrounds the cemetery which is some 10 or 12 ft high than the field outside.
St Kavan's Well at which a pattern was held on the 3rd Nov, down to 1830 or so, is situated in a hollow 20 perches north of the graveyard. St Mochoemac founded an Abbey in Annatrim about 550.

(gan teideal)

Shebeens were plentiful in Camross parish 100 years ago.

Sheebeens were plentiful in Camross parish 100 years ago. There was a public house where Pratts now live opposite the R.C Chapel in Camross. It was owned by people named Dooley. There was also a tavern where the curate priests house now stands. It was owned by Peny Brophy and called the "Laurels". At that time it was customary for the labouring men of these parts to go up to Kildare to reap and work

(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)
Teanga
Béarla