Scoil: Naas (Christan Bros.) (uimhir rolla 16708)

Suíomh:
An Nás, Co. Chill Dara
Múinteoir:
T. Ó Neachtain, S. Ó Súilleabháin

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
Naas (Christan Bros.) | Bailiúchán na Scol

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0776, Leathanach 323

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

St. David

Patrick Rogers
10, St. Bridget’s Tce,
Naas.
Situated in the town of Naas, is a very ancient church. It is interesting to know that this church is built on the site of St. Patrick’s tent when he pitched it when he came to convert the people of Naas.
Long ago when the Normans conquered Ireland they divided the counties into baronies. Each man appointed over a barony was called a baron. William Fitzgerald was given the barony of Naas in 1176 by Henry II. William Fitzgerald came from Pembroke and after some time his friends came over also. When they built the church they dedicated it to St. David because the patron Saint of Pembroke was St. David whence they came.
When the new church was built it was

(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)
Bailitheoir
Patrick Rogers
Inscne
fireann
Seoladh
An Nás, Co. Chill Dara
Faisnéiseoir
Margaret Rogers
Inscne
fireann
Aois
67
Seoladh
An Nás, Co. Chill Dara
Teanga
Béarla