He is able to talk Irish. There was a famine in Ireland long ago from 1845 to 1847 and the majority of the people had to go to America and look for work. There are a few old buildings in the town of Naas. There is one on the Newbridge road called the Jigginstown buildings. It was built for the Earl of Stafford.
Scoil: Naas (Christan Bros.) (uimhir rolla 16708)
Scag na scéalta
Ar an leathanach seo
Situated on the newbridge road is the Jigginstown building. It was built in the seventeenth century by the Earl of Strafford who was Viceroy in Ireland. He built it so as to have a mansion suitable for the King in case King Charles ever came on a visit to Ireland.He got the bricks from Denmark. a legend tells us that he had his men lined from Dublin to Naas and they passed the bricks from one to another till they arrived at Jigginstown. It is about one hundred and fifty yards long. There are many underground cellars in it. Before it was finished the Lord Deputy was called over to England and was beheaded for