Scoil: Church Hill, Cuffe's Grange (uimhir rolla 5927)

Suíomh:
Cnoc an Teampaill, Co. Chill Chainnigh
Múinteoir:
Tomás Ó Floinn

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
Ballybur Castle

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0854, Leathanach 178

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

Bally Burr Castle was built in 1488. by the Walls the Lords of Ballyburr. It fell and was rebuilt about 200 years later by the Comefords. It is now about 450 years old.
It is situated in the County Kilkenny about four miles on the South of the city of Kilkenny. It is in the Parish of Danesfort and in the townsland of Cuffes Grange.
The is now occupied as a dwelling house of Mr. Thos. Marnell. It is seventy five feet high. The roof was blown off by Cromwell. There is a stone stairs to the top and there is supposed to be gold hidden under the third step. It was dug for some

(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)
Bailitheoir
Nicholas Marnell
Inscne
fireann
Seoladh
Baile an Bhurraigh, Co. Chill Chainnigh
Teanga
Béarla