Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- There was an old school in Deerpark where the railway now runs. It as a long thatched house. The teacher's name was John Murphy. He lived in the school. Each pupil paid 3D per week, this was the only payment. The subjects taught, were, reading, writing, and Arithmetic in English. The teacher was a real Irishman, and fond of his country. Slates and pencils were used, and each pupil brought his slate home with him every night. Black boards and chalk were used. The children were from the District as there were other school in the parish. This was about the year 1840. In the year 1880 there was a school at Moonvoor. The teacher was Pat Keating. He had a night school at his own house. Another one was at Comefords in Buckstown in the open air. One of the Comeford family that held it The children were taught how to add and subtract with pebbles and Irish letters were taught with saw dust. They had quill pens and ink for writing. The scolars sat on blocks of wood. The master had a(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Michael Farrell