Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- The battle of Drumbanagher
fought in the old fort, half a mile from Glasslough, on the 13th March, 1688, is a prominent landmark in local tradition which connects the final over throw of the influence and away of the Mac Kenna clan with it. Glaslough, which had been purchased, May 22nd, 1665, by John Leslie, Protestant Bishop of Clogher, from the trustees of the late Lord Ridgeway, was able to muster a strong fighting force. Lord Blaney, the Governor of Co. Monaghan, ordered this force to proceed to Antrim. On the 13th March, 1688, they set out under the command of Captains Richardson, Boll and Anketell. The Catholics hearing of their arrangements some timeTras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.