Scoil: Calry (uimhir rolla 10473)

Suíomh:
Calgach, Co. Shligigh
Múinteoir:
Róisín Mhig Ualghairg

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
Calry | Bailiúchán na Scol

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0159, Leathanach 251

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

(ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)

crosses in the plot.
There are several graves inside the church.
There are numerous crosses throughout the graveyard.
Some tombstones are of a box shape. They are about four feet high and six feet long.
The yard is not well kept. In Summer the grass grows very high and it is impossible to locate graves at times.
An old man is paid for looking after the plot.
Francis Brennan is the name written on a very old stone. The date is 1839. There are several stones with the years 1835 and 1847. One stone is dated 1822. The name on that stone is Michael Burns.
In olden times the dead of the parish were conveyed by boat across Lough Gill to a graveyard on Church Island. There was a monastery and a church on Church Island. The remains of the Church are still to be seen.
About 500 yards from Clogher Graveyard is the remains of an old Chapel. It was built in a fort

(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)
Bailitheoir
(ní thugtar ainm)
Inscne
ní fios
Faisnéiseoir
James Tucker
Inscne
fireann
Aois
80
Seoladh
Na Caológa Buí, Co. Shligigh
Teanga
Béarla