1. People say if you began to knit a pair of stockings on a Saturday, that they would never come to an end.
2. If a person got a lot of money on a Monday he would be getting it for the week.
3. People say if you saw a trout swimming under the water, it is a sign of snow.
4. If a person saw a frog, that would be all silvery colours, it is a sign of a heat-wave.
5. It is said by people if it rained Saint Sweetan's day it would rain for forty days afterwards.
6. It is a sign of a funeral to dream of fresh
- Eibhlís Ní Chorradáin