Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Clochar na Toirbhirte, Lic Snámha
- XML Page 354
- XML “Forts - Ballintogher Fort”
- XML “Forts - McAuliffe's Fort”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)way with him. They then went
back into the fort again and
the next day his companion
was killed by the train.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- There is a large fort in John Mc Auliffe's land. It is round in shape and has an earthen ditch surmounted by bushes all round it. There is a path leading to it and it is called the "fairy path" because the fairies are supposed to be seen dancing there on moonlight nights.One day Tom Mc Auliffe went to cut the hedge of the fort. Just as he was cutting the first bush he(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.