Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Clochar na Toirbhirte, Lic Snámha
- XML Page 313
- XML “Disused Graveyards - Killeen”
- XML “Disused Graveyards - Gortinar”
- XML “Disused Graveyards - Caherseen”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)years ago. It was in the land owned at present by the Quilters of Gortinare. In this cemetery was a church built by Carthage or Mocuda early in the 4th Century. Before Lixnaw was called by the name which it bears to the present day it was known as Cíll Carthaigh after the Church of Carthage.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Close to the churchyard of Kil Chárthaig is the disused graveyard known as Gortinar this cemetery is now old beyond memory. Nothing is left to indicate its position except a few stones and one or two vaults.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- This graveyard existed where Ballyhennessy now stands. There is nothing left to mark the position of this cemetery.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.