Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Baile Mór Síl Anmchadha (Laurencetown)
- XML Leathanach 0184
- XML “Local Marriage Customs”
- XML “Superstitions in connection with Marriages”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- (ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)T Connoly L'townStrawboys - Men disguised with sheaves of straw visited during the feast and were hospitably treated. If the marriage was unpopular horns were sound convenient to the house. The Strawboys are now extinct in this district.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Superstitions in connection with marriages.It is said whichever pair left the church first after marriage died first.
It was not considered lucky for the bride to re-visit her parents' house till she was a month married.
A grey horse was considered unlucky at a "hauling home". Neither was it lucky to have a mare in foal
If the ring fell during the marriage ceremony, it was considered unlucky
The bride and bridegroom should not travel to the church together before the ceremonyTras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.