Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Baile Mór Síl Anmchadha (Laurencetown)
- XML Leathanach 0119
- XML “Festival Customs - St Brigid's Night”
- XML “Festival Customs - Shrove Tuesday”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- (ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)and kept there by means of a scallop. At the end of the scallop there is a whole potato put. When the corn and potatoes are being planted the grains are taken from this cross and mixed with the seed and planted. The potatoe is also taken and planted.It is the custom now to dress up a big doll in white and go about saying
"Here is St. Brigid dressed in white
Give her something in honour of the night".Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Shrove Tuesday:On the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday it is the custom to make pan-cakes. In the pan-cakes there is always a ring, a piece of stick and a pea. Whoever gets the ring will be married first, the piece of stick is for poverty and who-ever gets the pea will travel round the world. The male members of the family are treated to punch.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.