Scoil: Cloidheach (uimhir rolla 12090)

Suíomh:
Claídeach, Co. na Gaillimhe
Múinteoir:
Máire Úna Ní Cheallaigh

Scag na scéalta

Siar
/ 0136 Ar aghaidh
Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
Boats on Lough Corrib

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0023, Leathanach 0129

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

THE EGLINTON was the first steamer that sailed on Lough Corrib. It was bought by three landlords - Messrs. Staunton, Lynch, and Guinness and brought to Lough Corrib in 1862. It seems that it did not pay its owners, and after about thirty years trading it was sold to a man from Killaloe. She traded on the Shannon but was drowned after a time.

The St. Patrick
Some years after the sale of the Eglinton the Lydons and Hessions who had been trading on the lake with sailing boats, united, bought timber and after having saved it they built it into a boat. This boat was called the St. Patrick. Patsy Hession was captain of the steamer, but on wild day, when delivering a load at Kilbeg his leg was caught between the boat and the quay and he was killed.
The Fairy Queen.
The Fairy Queen was

(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)
Bailitheoir
Patrick Egan
Inscne
fireann
Seoladh
Claídeach, Co. na Gaillimhe
Teanga
Gaeilge