Uses for Goose Grease1. Goose grease is very good for old sores or swellings on horses' feet, and it is very good for a sore chest. The older it is, the better.2. To redden the tongs in the fire and squeeze the grease out of it, and it is used as oil for wool before it is carded.3. Goose grease is sometimes used as oil for nailed shoes because it is good for the leather. 4. It is also used as cart grease, and for horse's harnesses
Scoil: Cathair Loisgreáin (C)
Scag na scéalta
Ar an leathanach seo
1. The old people say that to heat goose grease and to leave it on a cut, and bless yourself three times, and the cut will get better.
2. The old people say that goose grease is good for rheumatus, and all sorts of sores, to heat it and rub it on them.
3. The old people say that when people have corns, they should leave hot goose grease on them, and it will soften them.
4. It is also good for a sprain in your foot.
5. It is good for a sore throat.