Scoil: St Columb's Moville

Suíomh:
Bun an Phobail, Co. Dhún na nGall
Múinteoir:
Hamilton Stewart

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
St Columb's Moville | Bailiúchán na Scol

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 1119, Leathanach 366

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

(ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)

fested Lough Swilly, Lough Foyle and indeed the entire Nothern coast.
Balor's headquarters was in Tory Island, where a high, tower-like rock is called to this day Balor's Castle. He is also called Balor of the evil eye, for he had one eye, with venomous properties, like a Basilisk.
This eye would strike people dead or turn them into stone, so that Balor kept it covered, except when he wished to use it against his enemies.
Balor represented in Irish mythology the Powers of Darkness in contrast with his grandson Lugh, by whom he was finally slain, and whose "Sword of light," forms the design of one of the postage stamps of Eire.