Number of records in editorial history: 1
senior member (history)
2019-07-18 15:52
approved
rejected
awaiting decision
In Lackaroe there was a Catholic Church with a thatched roof. It was blown down with the storm on the 6 January 1839. There was then another built nearer to Cadamstown still in the townland of Lackaroe and the parish of Litter that also was blown down later. Finally the present Church in Cadamstown was built but was never properly finished until 1916 when Father Devaney had it decorated and furnished.