Number of records in editorial history: 2
senior member (history)
2018-04-22 17:45
approved
rejected
awaiting decision
About the year 1913 the house of a man named Malachy Keena of Lisdillure accidently took fire. It was Christmas Eve night. On that night party was being given in the village to celebrate the festival of Christmas. Some of the people of the house were at the party while the others remained at home. After some time they retired to bed leaving a lamp lighting in the kitchen. The lamp being near the ceiling caused the boards to take fire and in a few minutes all was in a blaze.
The night being stormy left it very disagreeable for those who hurried to the scene to quench it. By the time they had the fire put out they found that nearly half the building was burned away.
senior member (history)
2018-04-22 17:38
approved
rejected
awaiting decision
About the year 1913 the house of a man named Malachy Keena of Lisdillure accidently took fire. It was Christmas Eve night. On that night party was being given in the village to celebrate the festival of Christmas. Some of the people of the house were at the party while the others remained at home. After some time they retired to bed leaving a lamp li