Number of records in editorial history: 2
senior member (history)
2018-07-16 22:17
approved
rejected
awaiting decision
April 4th 1938
Old Graveyards
There are five graveyards around here. There names are Moore, Templetogher, Kildaree, Kilcroan, Granlahan. All the graveyards are in use. They are in bad use.
There are ruins in nearly all graveyards. Long ago the church of this parish was in Templetogher. There are a good few trees in Granlahan graveyard. There is a tomb in Granlahan.
There are headstones in all graveyards, they are shaped like a cross on the top and made of stone. Some people have wooden crosses over their graves.
There is no disused graveyard around here. Ages ago their were ruins in Moore. At that time Moore was called CillNa Mná Dubh. There was a convent and the nuns were called Na Mná Dubha. The mortar for the walls, was mixed with the blood of oxen, and that is why the walls are lasting so long.
A great many people go to graveyards in other parishes. Kildaree got its name or name from to Kings who fought hand to hand with swords on a rock that is in Kildaree graveyard.
The place where the kings knelt as they fought is still to be seen on the rock. The tracks of their knees and swords are on the rock.
senior member (history)
2018-05-22 19:43
approved
rejected
awaiting decision
April 4th 1938
Old Graveyards
There are five graveyards around here. There names are Moore, Templetogher, Kildaree, Kilcroan, Granlahan. All the graveyards are in use. They are in bad use.
There are ruins in nearly all graveyards. Long ago the church of this parish was in Templetogher. There are a good few trees in Granlahan graveyard. There is a tomb in Granlahan.
There are headstones in all graveyards, they are shaped like a cross on the top and made of stone. Some people have wooden crosses over their graves.
There is no disused graveyard around here. Ages ago their were ruins in Moore. At that time Moore was called bill Na Mná ?. There was a convent and the nuns were called Na Mna Duba. The mortar for the walls, was mixed with the blood of oxen, and that is why the walls are lasting so long.
A great many people go to graveyards in other parishes. Kildaree got its name or name from to Kings who fought hand to hand with swords on a rock that is in Kildaree graveyard.
The place where the kings knelt as they fought is still to be seen on the rock. The tracks of their knees and swords are on the rock.