There are several signs of good and bad weather for instance.
(1) when the wind blows from the south-east or from "[?] aunsells" point we are promised twelve hours rain.
(2) When the seagulls come up from the sea to dry land we are sure to have rain.
(3) When the goats come home we could be quite certain of bad weather, because the goats and all the rest of the animals are best judges of the weather.
(4) If the rainbow is seen in the east in the morning, people say we are not far from rain.
(5) When the wind blows from the east we are promised hard frosty weather.
(6) When it blows from the south we are to get rain, and from the north-east we are sure of snow.