Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Currakyle, Feakle
- XML Page 328
- XML “The Townland of Currakyle”
- XML “The Old Cauls of the Townland”
- XML (no title)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)328
about two hundreds yards apart .My father's farm is on one side of the road ,and Edward o Donnell's on the other side of the road.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- The old Couls of the Town land.There are many Coul's in this townland .Tom's Coul is situated in our land field .The Coul is so called ,because a man the name of Thomas O 'Donnell lived there with a family of six children ,four boys and two girls .He lived about 89 yrs ago he went to America in a sail-boat and was three weeks going.It was counted the quickest sail-boat that went that time.Some time after his wife and children went and was three months going .They bought a farm in Long island and rich and died. He was buried there.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Maureen O' Donnell
- the O Donnell's came from Gleann -bonniv.They were a family of eight ,six boys and two girls.One of the girls married a Mc Namara man.The other seven came to Carracloone here the other girl married a Hourigan man the other six came to the old house by the(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.