182Signs of rain.1. A brock round the moon.
2. A yellow sunset.
3. When worms come up out of the ground.
4. When crows fly wildly.
5. When the smoke swirls down the chimney.
6. When the lakes get muddy.
7. A mist on the hill.
8. A dead calm.
9. A rainbow in the morning.
10. When the crows are in scattered groups in the grazing.
11. A wind from the north will bring squally showers.
12. A clear mountain.
13. When crows fold their wings and dive towards earth.
14. A drop as of dew on a tall cushag.
15. When sheep graze early in the morning.
16. A blue flame in the greesagh.
17. The curlew in the lowlands crying at dusk.
18. When the wind blows from Carrickleck.
19. When the cricket sings sharply.
20. No clouds round the sun at his rising.
21. When stars fall
(continues on next page)