Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- The name of this parish in the Irish language is TEAMPULL an EIDHRE meaning the church of the heir. No part of the original church now remains but its site is occupied by the Protestant church of BANSHA. At the east of this church there is an ornamented stone with the following inscription:-
Here lyeth Theob. Butler grandson to Sir Rd. Butler of Knocktogher who died May 20th 1672. Pray for his soul.
In the demesne of Edmond O'Ryan Bansha, are ruins of a castle. It seems to have been a round castle only a couple of fragments of the walls remain.On the South boundary of this parish on the Galtee mountain;(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.