Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
1. When the soot falls down the chimney it is a sign of rain.
2. When the cat tears the brush it is a sign of rain.
3. When the wild geese fly over from Scotland to the Bog of Allen it is a sign of storm.
4. When a cricket begins to sing in an old house it is sign of rain.
5. If there is a robin inside a bush and it does not sing it is a sign of rain.
Killeshandra.Material from James Sweeney,
Killeshandra.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.