On this page
About the year 1800 or 1802 a small school was built in Ballinacarrig. A master named Mr. Loftus thaught there for some years. Only English was taught there. It was a mixed school. A teacher named Miss Green thaught there also. There is no one going there now. It is shut about forty years. There is a man named Mr. Walsh living there now.
About 1899 there was a school built in Oak Park. The name of the teacher was Miss Reynolds. She lived in a house near the school. Mr Bruen used to pay her weekly wages. There were a few subjects done in it. There was no Irish taught in it, and the writing was done on a slate. She lived there for her life time. She died about a year ago. It was a mixed school. The ruins of the school are there still.