John Beloin already mentioned traced for me some old mass paths in this neighbourhood. Some of them are still used both as mass paths and short cuts by messengers and school children
(1) From Knocknasillogue to Killeagh to open on the main road to Blackwater church
(2) From Monarrig Bridge to Blackwater
(3) From Jimmy Brien's house in Ballyvaldon through Robert Roche's yard down to Ballyvaldon church (ruined). This is not used now and consequently the path has disappeared
(4) From Ballinamona across "the hills" to John Furlong's & Ballymacsimon to Kilmucksidge church
(5) From Paddy Hunt's Gurrawn by Wat Dooley's to Pat Whelan's Ballyvoodrane. Then to Monarig Bridge where 1 joins No 2.
- John Belvin