Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Cuan an Bhainigh (Bannow)
- XML Page 039
- XML “Roads of District - Bannow County Wexford”
- XML “Cross-Roads and Other Names Pertaining to Roads”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)in townland of Haggard. No family of that name lived there in recent years but name has come down from ancestors.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- High Road (from Carrig to old Church of Bannow)Hill of Carrig -
descent from village towards Grange.Cross of Green Road -
where road of that name branches to Wellington Bridge.Hill of Toker -
passage (uphill) through Grange demesne beautifully bordered with beech trees.Hill of Graigue
Declinity to cross at Graigue for Newtown + cBlackhall Cross
Road to South leading to sea at Blackhall StrandBenny Bridge
Small bridge over stream through moor to sea.The Pound
Walled enclosure near Benny Bridge believed to have been used as a pound formerly.Rectory Cross
At gate of Rectory - branch Little Moor Road.Sweep of Haggard
Wide Cross Road - branch Haggard Road to sea.
A favourite stand for shows, picture tents + c School Cross
At Bannow Schoolhouse.Geneva Hill
Slope of road from bounds of Bannow through Brandane - part of which is called Geneva. (pron. Genaivy)Weeping Hill
Rise at lower end of Brandane from hollow at stream to Mr Staffords.Prickets Cross
At junction of Bay Road.The Boker Hill
Section of road near ruins of church in Brandane.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.