Clay from under an alder tree cures a "dart" ( form of blood poisoning)
2. Dockleaves cure the rash left by the sting of a nettle.
3. Marshmallows cure a sprained wrist or ankle. Boil the marshmallow, strain the water in which boiled and bath the affected part.
4. To cure consumption suck the juice of a dandelion.
5. Strong cold tea makes a bath for sore eyes.
6. A drink made from black currant is good for a cold.
7. The water in which the smith dips the hot iron is good for chilblains.
8. An herb called "mouse ear" is a cure for whooping cough. It should be boiled in milk.
9. Cabbage leaves are a cure for a sore head. Get a cabbage leaf, spread lard on it, hold it over the fire until