School: Shelbaggan Convent

Location:
Shelbaggan, Co. Wexford
Teacher:
An tSr M. Breandán

Filter stories

Back
/ 058 Forward
Resolution: Low | High
Shelbaggan Convent | The Schools’ Collection

Archival Reference

The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0874, Page 026

Image and data © National Folklore Collection, UCD. See copyright details »

On this page

(continued from previous page)

1677

A lamp replaced the Beacon Furnace
1810-13
There was a sum of £4,281.14 expended upon the tower. In 1871 the gas apparatus of Mr John Wigham was adopted. The focal plane is 152 feet over high water and the Tower is 122 feet high.
The Tower is held under lease by the Commissioners of Irish Lights.

Language
English
Location
Hook