Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. In olden times times donkey's milk was believed to be a good cure for consumption or weak Lungs.
2. A cure for the chin-cough was a boiled mouse given to the person under another name.
3. If you had a Sty in your eye the cure was to point gooseberry thorns to it different days in the week.
4. The cure for erysipelas was herbs fried on the pan with butter and salt.
5. A cure for a strained ankle was an herb called comfree.
6. The cure for rheumatism was to go into the sweat house
7. If you had sore eyes the cure was bathe them in black tea.
8. The cure for tooth ache was to get a small stone on a priests grave and rub it of the tooth.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.