brought fine sets of teeth to the grave with them in those days.Bread was made on a griddle, pan, baker or in an oven and a cross was cut on the dough to let out the steam before being put down.
School: Tyrrellspass (2) (roll number 13743)
On this page
(continued from previous page)
Lord Belvedere & Lady Belvedere were the people who built the Orphanage. It was erected in the year 1812. It was built for female orphans. About four acres of land is attached to the Orphanage.There are six blocks of houses in it. Each house has four apartments. They have slated roofs & old fashioned windows.Long ago there was no National school & the children went to school where the orphans have their kitchens now. Miss Shaw was the teacher. The girls wore light dresses, white overalls & strong boots.