Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. You can't take feathers off a frog.
2. He who laughs last laughs best.
3. Every one has his own story.
4. He would hear the grass growing.
5. The man who advises you is often the man you hate.
6. Every one wants to have his own way.
7. Marry a mountain woman and you marry the mountain.
8. A new brush sweeps clean.
9. A fool and his money are easily parted.
10. You can't have a hen and the price of her.
11. Always taking out of the meal tub and never putting in it soon comes to the bottom.
12. Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of themselves.
13. Plough deep while sluggards sleep and you will have corn to sell and to keep.
14. Fools build houses for wise men's living.
15. Big head of the little sense.
16. However near a person's coat is to him his shirt is nearer.
17. The nearer the bone the sweeter the flesh.
18. Where the women are there is talk.
19. It is the empty cart makes the most noise.
20. Better a good running than a bad standing.
21. There are as good fish in the sea as were ever caught.
22. The world wouldn't make a race horse of an ass.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.